The Macon County Commissioners will be meeting for an all-day work session in the Cecil Groves building on the Macon County Campus of Southwestern Community College on Siler Farm Road in Franklin, NC on Saturday, January 29th, 2011.
During the meeting, the past year will be reviewed and plans will be discussed concerning 20111 and 2012.
I will be there throughout the morning session taking notes and anticipate being able to be there for the afternoon session as well, although it is not a certainty. Due to the location and length of the meeting, I will not be streaming the meeting live, but will be providing occasional updates via my cell phone to twitter using the #MaconGov hashtag. You may track it via your favorite twitter client or below on this widget:
Here is the agenda for the work session:
- NCACC Legislative goals (Ronnie Beale)
- The state is facing a 3.7 billion dollar shortfall, what will this mean for counties?
- Public Schools (possible cut in state funding for current expense, and redirecting state revenues (ie) lottery etc
- Human Services (possible shift admin. Expenses DSS/Health/ Mental Health) along with more clients to serve in these areas
- Highway maintenance shift from the state to counties