Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, April 25, 2014

Looking for a Witness on Main Street in Franklin, NC

The Kiss


I was walking down Main Street this afternoon on my way to shoot a video at a local business when I heard someone shouting. I stopped in front of Anna Bedell's and turned back to see a man, a woman and a preteen boy standing on the corner of Main Street and Iotla Street next to the county courthouse. I turned and did a slow 360 to see who they were shouting at and there were no obvious alternatives to me. I did an exaggerated "Who, Me?" gesture, pointing at myself.

The couple nodded and they started toward me and me toward them. I was curious at what was up. I imagined they were tourists, looking for directions.

We met at the corner of Main Street and Phillips Street next to the water fountain.I said, "Hello. Can I help you?" The man nodded and asked me if I would be a witness at their wedding.

I said, "Okay, if I can take pictures and post them on my Internet news site."

They said I could and I went with them to the third floor of the courthouse where I witnessed the ceremony that was performed by magistrate Miciah Leatherman.

Here are some of the photos I took during the ceremony.

Congratulations to Miguel and Venessa Jimenez and may they have many happy years together.


The Ceremony


The Ring Exchange





0 comments :