The Franklin Town Board of Aldermen met last night for their regular meeting for July 2014. Video of the meetinf is above and video of the portion of the meeting where Aldermen voted 6-0 to select Summer Woodard as the new Town Manager is below.
I posted a play by play on Facebook if you care to check it out.
The public agenda is next:
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Adoption of July 7, 2014 Proposed Agenda
4. Approval of the June 2, 2014 Board Minutes
5. Public Session
6. New Business
- Proclamation for Wilderness Act Celebration Day- Mayor Bob Scott
- Amendment to the Town of Franklin Nuisance Ordinance- Land Use Administrator Justin Setser and Town Attorney John Henning Jr.
- Privilege License Refund- Tax Collector Jessie Wilkins and Town Attorney John Henning Jr.
- Western North Carolina Hospice House- Interim Town Manager Summer Woodard and Town Attorney John Henning Jr.
- Lazy Hiker Subrogation Agreement- Town Attorney John Henning Jr.
- Closed session- Pursuant to N.C.G.S. 143-318.11 (a) (6), "to consider the qualifications, competence, performance, character, fitness, conditions of appoint, or conditions of initial employment of an individual public officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee".
- Applications for the Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Non-Profit Funding Pool are available at Town Hall and online at www.franklinnc.com.
- The Town of Franklin will be hosting the joint meeting with Macon County and the Town of Highlands on Thursday July 24, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Board Room.
And here is a copy of the agenda packet that is released to the members of the media. To date, this is the only place you can see "the rest of the story" and the background materials that Aldermen use for the meeting and the material that the other media organizations use to write their stories on the meetings.