PRESS RELEASE (10-09-2026)
TOWN OF FRANKLIN
At its most recent regular meeting on October 5, 2026, the Franklin Town Council decided that the employment agreement of Amanda W. Owens would not be renewed. Ms. Owens’ service to the Town began on August 7, 2021 in the midst of recovery from the COVID pandemic, and included the successful management of numerous services, program expansions, and construction projects benefitting the Town’s citizens. Across Ms. Owens’ term, the Town’s fiscal condition benefitted from careful expenditures and wise use of resources.
Ms. Owens stated “I am appreciative of the five years that I had the privilege to be the Town Manager in Franklin. The Town Council made a decision in the best interest of the town and I accept and respect it. I am proud of the work that has been done, the projects completed, and for the part that I have played in the development of the Leadership Team. This proactive planning will ensure a smooth transition and continued success for the Town of Franklin.”
Mayor Stacy Guffey reflected on Owens’ contribution to the town: "Town Manager is a demanding job. I want to personally thank Amie for her service to the Town of Franklin. One of her greatest contributions has been strengthening the way our town government operates, putting systems and practices in place that will serve Franklin well for years to come. Just as importantly, she has assembled what I believe is the finest team of town employees Franklin has ever had. Amie was also a familiar face at town events, always willing to lend a hand and support the activities that bring our community together. I've appreciated the opportunity to work alongside her, and I'm grateful for her hard work, her dedication to our community, and the friendship we've developed along the way. I sincerely wish her all the best in whatever comes next."
The Town Council extends its appreciation for Ms. Owens’ service and wishes her all the best in the future. As Amie continues to call Franklin home, we look forward to seeing her at the many community events and activities she has supported over the years.
















0 comments :
Post a Comment