Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, June 3, 2005

Torture charges against Bush

I'm not normally into conspiracy theories. This rising crescendo of stories in the Legacy Media, after they had died down when the Abu Graib people started to be tried in court. Then the Newsweek story of a Qu'ran flushing was exposed as false seemed to have ignited a flurry of stories released for the sole purpose of distracting people from the lack of journalistic integrity practiced by Isikoff et al. There are too many stories for that scenario. I am now suspecting that all these stories are coming out now are directed at the Bush administration. With Amnesty International becoming involved, I begin to start looking for, if not an international conspiracy, then for (at the very least) a whole group of people with similar talking points. They are willing to broadcast shaky allegations in support of an ideological attack. To get incendiary myself, this puts them in the same league as the Nazi propagandist Goebbels. A Pox on all their houses, I say.

Never again will I be able to trust the Media on ANY story. I'll always wonder about the political motivation behind even a fluff piece. I'll look for corroboration in multiple media types.

It does seem ironic that Watergate is in the news again with the revelation of Deep Throat after all these years. I think it is appropriate that the confidential source is a gov't employee in both cases, and both spiralled out of control and effected a change in the larger society in ways that couldn't be foretold. I think that MediaGate will result in further alienation of the average joe from all types of media. I can't see where this is leading, but I do do know where it is coming from.

0 comments :