**Update** Here is the full video of the meeting:
MEDIA ROLL CALL (media outlets with reporters at the meeting)
Macon Media (me)
Macon County News and Shopping Guide
The Franklin Press
During the public comment section, Dr Gordon Mercer spoke about his church on Jim Mann Road, which is being used as a homeless shelter. He handed out copies of an article posted on the WECT-TV website.
Karen Wallace, Director of the Fontana Regional Library System, spoke about the library's need for technology funding. She noted the computers at the library are outdated and still running on Windows XP, which Microsoft stopped supporting a year and a half ago. She shared a handout that included an infographic entitled "Technology Used at All Macon County Libraries." A photo of the handout is posted below. Click on the image to full at a larger size.
During the course of the meeting, Commissioners voted 4-0 to recognize Merritt Fouts as an Honorary Historian of Macon County. The honor will be presented to him during an event at Cowee School this weekend. A copy of the resolution is posted below. Click on the image to full at a larger size.
The Macon County Commissioners will be having their regular August 2015 meeting at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, August 11th. The public agenda and the press packet are posted below. After the meeting, the video will be posted at the top of this page, plus any additional documents that may be provided to the press during the meeting. If you are interested, you may see the July 2015 meeting posted immediately below.
AUGUST 11, 2015
- Call to order and welcome by Vice-Chairman Tate
- NCACC Update Video
- Moment of Silence
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Hearing(s) - None
- Public Comment Period
- Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
- Old Business
- New Business
- Resolution Designating Merritt Fouts as an Honorary Historian of Macon County
- Approval of cancellation of note and deed of trust on rehabilitation loan for Gelfund - County Attorney
- Consent Agenda - Attachment #11
- All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
- Minutes of the June 25, 2015 continued session, July 14, 2015 regular meeting and the July 23, 2015 continued session
- Budget Amendments #15-#18
- Tax Releases (None)
- 2014 Tax Settlement Report
- Public Health Fee Changes
- Monthly ad valorem tax collection report (No report this month)
- Economic Development Commission (3 seats)
- Closed session (if necessary)