**update Jan 14th** Here is the video and a copy of the Hazard Mitigation Plan for Macon and Clay County that was approved during the meeting.
(now with a Table of Contents and internal navigation between segments of the meeting for those without the intestinal fortitude to watch the whole meeting)
During the meeting, commissioners approved a Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan for Macon and Clay Counties. A copy is currently available on the county website. I have also posted it below in case it disappears from the website.
REGIONAL HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN
MEDIA ROLL CALL
(the media outlets that had reporters physically present at the meeting)
Macon Media (me)
Macon County News and Shopping Guide
The Smoky Mountain News
The Franklin Press
The commissioners will be meeting again on Tuesday, January 26th at 1 pm in the commissioner boardroom to hold an abbreviated version of the annual start of the budget process. The county manager said this meeting would probably only last a couple of hours.
The remainder of the supporting documents were posted before the meeting and are below.
The Macon County Commissioners will be meeting tonight at 6 pm in the county commissioner boardroom on the third floor of the Macon County Courthouse. Here is the public agenda, the press packet and a copy of the comprehensive financial report of the Fiscal Year 2015 that ran from July 2014 to June 2015.
JANUARY 12, 2016
- Call to order and welcome by Chairman Corbin
- Moment of Silence
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Hearing(s) - NONE
- Public Comment Period
- Additions to agenda
- Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
- Presentation of the Fiscal Year 2014-15 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - Jill Vang, Martin Starnes & Associates, CPAs
- Presentation regarding U.S. Forest Service recommendations for wilderness in the Nantahala-Pisgah Forest Management Plan - Michelle Ruigrok, Outreach Coordinator for The Wilderness Society
- Old Business
- Macon County Public Health Billing Guide and Fee Schedules - Public Health Director Jim Bruckner
- Change to building inspections fee schedule (follow up to fee analysis) - County Manager
- Consideration of Golden LEAF Foundation commitment letter - Lynda Parlett, Southwestern Community College
- Change orders for Union Academy and Highlands School renovation projects - Terry Bell, Macon County Schools
- New Business
- Bond counsel engagement letter for 2016 financing of landfill expansion - Finance Director
- Resolution to adopt the Clay Macon Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan - Emergency Services Director Warren Cabe
- Ratification of December 28, 2015 e-mail poll of the board regarding consensus on Co-Op property - County Manager
- Contract with Kimble's Commissary to provide services for the Macon County Jail - County Attorney and Sheriff Holland
- Consideration of easement dissolution - County Manager and County Attorney
- Consent Agenda - Attachment #12
- All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
- Minutes of the December 8, 2015 regular meeting and the December 18, 2015 called meeting
- Budget Amendments #82 and #83
- Tax Releases
- Monthly ad valorem tax collection report
- Planning Board (one seat, Town of Highlands representative)
- Closed session - Per G.S. 143-381.11(3), with regard to attorney-client privilege
- Recess until January 26, 2016 at 1 p.m. in the commission boardroom on the third floor of the Macon County Courthouse, 5 West Main Street, Franklin, NC 28734.