Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Candidates for Press Secretary



As I listened to the radio throuout the day yesterday, I heard some suggestions for who should replace Scott McClellan.
The top name seemed to be Tony Snow, who would be good, but I doubt he'd give up his gig as radio talk show host and Fox News contributer.
There were other names bandied about, none recognized by me until I heard Michael Reagan put forth (in jest) Ann Coulter. I nearly spit out my Mountain Dew and ran off the road. The mental picture I saw was so funny. The Press Corps would go nuts, well, nuttier than they already are!!! Helen Thomas would have a stroke. White House Press Conferences would be worthy of taping for sure then, with my girl (Ann Coulter) giving some great sound bites.

The person I had thought of earlier in the day (also in jest) was Michael Savage. He would certainly be an entertaining choice as well, and probably hated as much, if not more, than Ann Coulter by the leftist media in this country.


While Coulter would deliver zingers that would take thought for these guys and gals to figure out, Savage would dispense with "social niceties" and cut to the core. It would be worth it to hear him say, "Good Morning, Red Diaper Doper Babies. Here is what I have for you today..."!

On the more serious side, Michael Reagan spoke a little about an upcoming op-ed piece he wrote blaming "Jimmah Cahtah" for the Iranian Mullocracy, among other things. I looked for it online, but no dice. I do agree with him that the Carter Administration was possibly the worst presidency ever, even though at the time, I was a democrat (and a minor).
It took Ronald Reagan to pull the wool from over my eyes, and see the world as it is, not as a "social engineering laboratory".

Sorry folks, no links today.

0 comments :