Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Texans Use Pig Racing To Deter Future Mosque

..."That is definitely a slap in the face," said Allam.. Now before you go thinking Craig Baker is unfair, or full of hate, or somehow racist, hear him out. Baker has long roots here. His family named the road and when the new neighbors moved in, he tells us, they asked him to move out. "Basically that I should package up my family and my business and find a place elsewhere," said Baker. "That's ridiculous, they just bought the place one week prior and he's telling me I should think about leaving."

That new owners deny they ever said anything like that, but Baker isn't budging.

Baker admits the pigs are a message he is not leaving. The 11-acre property is sandwiched between a pricey subdivision and Craig Baker's business. K.I.A. eventually plans to build a mosque, a gym and a school there. There's no date for the groundbreaking ceremonies, or the first pig race.
Read the story here.



I found this story by backtracking on the hits I was receiving from people googling pig racing.

And before anyone complains, according to Wikipedia, it is a legitimate sport, and , in the UK, you can use "Pig Racing Nights" to raise money for charity!!!

Gives me an idea for a series of banners...




What others are saying... 6.44a
Gates of Vienna

No Apology

Screw Politically Correct B.S.

Infidel Bloggers Alliance




3 comments :

I'd like to see a race with bloggers who have pig in their name, or as part of their blogging theme, running and jumping, and swimming their way on a race course!

Good to see you back in the comments!

I don't think we'd be as cute as the pigs. All I gotta say, quoting Hank Jr: "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm good once, as I ever was!" So, it better be a short race, under a mile.

Hey if you want to read the full story how the entire story unfolded go to www.americanpigrace.com Craig Baker tells the story from his stand point, provides names, & dates.