**update** I have added 56 more minutes of public safety radio traffic.
Two men were overcome by a Freon gas leak at Norton Creek Farms tonight in a refridgeration room south of Franklin, NC. Deputies from the Macon County Sheriff Department were first on scene and CPR was initiated on one of the victims.
The gas was initially identified as CO (Carbon Monoxide) and later as Freon.
Clarks Chapel was joined by elements of the following Fire Departments: Franklin, Otto and West Macon. Multiple ambulances (including one from west Macon Fire Department were used to transport as many as 14 people to the emergency room for evaluation. One person has died and another was airlifted to Greenville, SC for specialized treatment.
I have the first twenty minutes of the radio traffic recorded below.
**update** Here is an additional 56 minutes of radio traffic from this incident. since it is unedited, there may be times when there will be no radio traffic for a few minutes.
Part 2 covering the 20 to 46 minute mark
Part 3 covering the 46 to 76 minute mark
Here are some photos taken by Bob Scott: