Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

NPR debate and Newsweek comment

Monday went well. At my job, I cut up some logs and brush; stacked them for burning today. I had to keep my eyes open for dumptrucks turningaround to get into position for the trackhoe to load dirt excavated for a basement.
I will soon get a digital camera so I can post pix of some of the things I post. I listen to a Sony Walkman all day most days at work. It is a 4 band (TV/Weather/FM/AM) model SRF-M37V. In fact Iam listening to it as I post...to WLAC 1510-AM. Coast To Coast AM is on now. Possible war with China and/or North Korea is being discussed. Real cheerful stuff.

Anyhow, the highlight program was a local talkshow that aired from 3 to 6 pm yesterday called "Take A Stand with Matt Mittan" on WWNC 570-AM out of Asheville NC, it is syndicated on WMFX? 1400-AM out of Waynesville NC. The major opening topic was feds v NPR and political bias. The host was against the feds getting involved, and his producer/engineer was for it. I managed to get in first and agreed with Forrest, and added that I thought if a preacher could be muzzled politically to preserve what amounts to gov't subsidy, then NPR (I listen daily on the ride in to work...over an hour) which is liberally biased, should either refrain from reporting the news, or become more balanced in its reporting.
Most of the other callers agreed. The official website for the show is at http://www.themattcave.com and has a live chatroom during the show. I can't participate because I am working. There may be live streaming at the radio station, you'll have yto goolge the call letters, frequency and host to find out, sorry. Ooops! it is time for me to fix breakfast and go to work.

Here is THE LINK OF THE DAY http://michellemalkin.com/archives/002466.htm

I also threw out a comment on the Newsweek fake story stating that I thought since people died, people at Newsweek should go to prison. I also stated that I'd never buy another Newsweek again.

Shoot, if you kill someone in an accident while driving, you get charged with at least manslaughter. I think the deaths and permanent harm to the US reputation in the Muslim world (not that they'll believe ANY retraction) will cost unknown losses to our troops and possibly to civilians as well demands repurcussions to the staff and property of that flushable newsrag. Okay, I'm off the soapbox. See Ya.

0 comments :