Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, May 16, 2005

The Weekend in Review

My weekend was okay. Iwent over to the new homesite with my lawnmower to cut the grass Friday. WOW! The grass was over three feet tall. I forgot that since the place is around 2,000 ft altitude, has full sun, and is on the southwest slope of a mountain range...growth is turbocharged compared to where I am now at 3,000 feet in a holler seeing only 6 hours direct sunlight in the full summer. Here the fields are only about 6 inches high. I'll have to let someone cut it for hay since I don't have a Bush Hog;(

Saturday was a little better. I went to the public library and decided to start my blog when I had only 15 minutes left on the computer. I'm not a touch typist, so I'm proud I got something out. Otherwise, I was behind two weeks onmy viewing of "Andromeda" on the SciFi channel, so I caught up with parts 1 & 2 of 'Heart of he Journey', I hope that these weren't the last episodes with the earth getting blown up and the abyss being killed. Nah, they'll think of something, this is on a lot of channels. I've only been watching it for a little over a yaer and I'm hooked. Also watched a documentary? on LinkTV about some tribesmen on a coffee plantation somewhere in Africa fighting other tribes and their boss. the boss left them the plantation and they were close to starving at the end, and minus a few warriors. It was weird to see men and boys dressed half in tribal wear, and western shirts, armed with sticks, spears, bows and arrows, and ancient looking long irons from pre-WW1. Since combat mainly consisited of shouting and chasing each other in a big field, and counting coup, actual wounds and deaths were rare.
I think both sides were at fault, although the tribes weren't too bright. The documentary was called "Black Harvest". That's all I have for now, Gotta go to work.

0 comments :