Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The real power in America is with the judges

This whole filibuster battle is over appointing judges that have the ability to overturn legislation, executive decisions, and the will of the people. That is the crux of all the rhetoric. Our constitutional Republic is sliding toward a tyranny ruled by judges. One of the next things to watch for is an attempt to do away with the electoral college because that keeps one region of the nation from dominating the others due to population.

Yesterday at work I killed a six-foot snake with a dull machete one of the mexicans threw to me. That is something I could do without. The local talk shows were good, even the money man, Doug Alden, had some interesting things to say. My local internet provider has a daily poll, and it concerned the filibuster debate. I will leave you with the results as of my log in:

Percent Question
37.14 It was a solid resolution that ensured at least seven judges get a
vote.
48.57 A poor compromise that accomplishes little in the long run.

14.28 What filibuster battle?

0 comments :