The Macon County Commissioners met Tuesday night for their regular monthly meeting.
The agenda and press kit for the meeting is posted below. I understand that Scribd has started charging people for the ability to download documents I have posted on that website, so I have included a link [right click to download PDF] to where you can download the document for free.
I posted a live text play by of the meeting on my Macon Media facebook page.
There will be another meeting of the commissioners as they meet with the SCC Board of Trustees on March 18th at 6pm in the conference room of the Cecil Groves Center on the SCC Campus to discuss the Master Plan for the expansion of the Southwestern Community College Campus.
MARCH 11, 2013
3. Moment of Silence
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Public Hearing(s) - None
6. Public Comment Period
7. Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
- Update on Smoky Mountain Center activities - Shelly Foreman
- Cooperative Extension Program Impact Report - Alan Durden, County Extension Director
- Presentation of survey findings by Mission Critical Partners
9. Old Business
- Consideration of N.C. Parks and Recreation Trust Fund Project Agreement
- Agreement with Appalachian Tree
- Resolution regarding transfer of playground equipment to Macon Middle School
- Consideration of resolution honoring Robert (Bob) Carpenter
10. New Business
- Requests from J&B Disposal - Bonita Hamstra, President
- Lease renewal for Highlands Road convenience center site
- Rate increase for residential trash service
- Franchise extension
- Request for funding from Macon Program for Progress - Chuck Sutton and Garry Roper
- Consideration of proclamation declaring Macon County as a Purple Heart County
11. Consent Agenda - Attachment #11
- All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
- Minutes of the February 11th and February 18th meetings
- Budget Amendment #105
- Tax Releases
- Tax Refunds
- Macon County Public Health Fee
- Monthly ad valorem tax collection report
- Board of Equalization for 2014
- Macon County Heritage Center Advisory Board (1 seat)
13. Closed session
- Attorney-client privilege per NCGS 143-318.11(a)(3)
14. Recess until Tuesday, March 18, 2014 to the boardroom of the Cecil L. Groves Center on the Macon County campus of Southwestern Community College, 44 Siler Farm Road, Franklin, NC 28734 (Starting time to be determined)
Here is a brief slideshow of photos I took during the meeting.
View the slide show on Photobucket.