Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, May 15, 2014

NC General Assembly Legislative Calendar for May 15, 2014
Updated with audio

**update 11:38am** Here is the audio of today's sessions:

NC House Chamber Audio 05-15-2014 
(PDF of Calendar)



NC Senate Chamber Audio 05-15-2014 (PDF of Calendar)



NC General Assembly Building



The North Carolina General Assembly will convene today. Both the NC Senate (session begins at 10:30 am) and the NC House (session begins at 8 am) will be in session. 

Audio from yesterday's NC House session can be downloaded via this link. The file is over 46 MB. I plan on attempting to create my own audio archives by the time the legislature convenes next year.



8:00 AM
Session Convenes (House)
House
8:30 AM
Finance (House)

544 LOB
8:30-10:30 AM
Presentation of Governor's Budget
643 LOB
10:00 AM

1228/1327 LB
10:30 AM
Session Convenes (Senate)

Senate

**edit** 9:55am I have also found a copy of the budget message as delivered by Art Pope during the Joint Committee on Appropriations and added it to the end of this post. When the audio becomes available, I will post it here also.

Here is a copy of the proposed budget that will be presented to the budget committee today:




This is something I used to do in previous years, but was not able to do it for the past eighteen months or so because of my coverage of local meetings and limited resources. 

I now have sufficient resources to begin posting the legislative calendars and following the meetings of the state legislature thanks to the generous donations of members of the community by check and by their contributions to my Patreon campaign. Please consider donating at least a dollar a month to allow me to continue doing what I do and to build up resources to have a better website.






xx

0 comments :