Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Murder of US Naval Officer Provided a Window into the 21st Century

I remember the brutal torture and murder of Robert Stethem by Muslim Terrorists 20 years ago. I was angry at President Reagan for his lack of response. While we were doing good things in Nicaragua, I felt betrayed. I thought he had learned the lesson of dealing with nasty people...be nastier. It works every time.

I was reminded of those days when I ran across a post on the Northeast Intelligence Network on my morning rounds:


15 June 2007: Twenty-two years ago today, U.S. Navy petty officer, Robert D. Stethem was savagely beaten, executed and thrown onto a hot airport tarmac in Beirut, Lebanon by Iranian backed Hezbollah terrorists during the marathon 17-day hijacking of TWA Flight 847. His lifeless body lay on the tarmac for hours, serving not only as proof of Islamist brutality, but as an omen of things to come. All of the Muslim terrorists who took part in the hijacking, killed Stethem and held the passengers and crew of the ill-fated flight incredulously remain free over two decades later.
Source: Northeast Intelligence Network

0 comments :