Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ambassador Keyes Leaves GOP

HAZLETON, Pa. (AP) — Former Republican presidential candidate Alan Keyes announced Tuesday night that he has left the GOP and is considering joining the Constitution Party.

Keyes, who also ran as a Republican to challenge Barack Obama's U.S. Senate bid in Illinois in 2004, says he is talking with leaders and rank-and-file members of the Constitution Party.

"They're considering me, I'm considering them," Keyes said in a conference call late Tuesday night. "We have so much in common that I find it hard to believe we won't be able to work out a common basis for working together."

Keyes singled out the nation's present "border issue" as a reason he is leaving the GOP, saying it is a "threat to the sovereignty to the American people."

"There are clear signs that our leaders no longer have an allegiance to the sovereign people of the United States," Keyes said.



Source: USA TODAY

Commentary

It's interesting that he chose Hazelton to make his announcement. it highlights the failure of the GOP on the issue of the invasion of our country by illegal aliens.

I've considered leaving as well, and have not given up yet. I think I'll give it until perhaps 2010, if not sooner. It would be interesting to build a party from the ground up, and help grow it.


Hold me a seat, Ambassador, I may be joining you in a couple of years.

4 comments :

He's still on the Republican ballot for President in NC.

It's either a stunt, a misrepresentation by the media, or for real.

I imagine it is too late to change the names on the ballots given the nature of our bureaucratic overlords in Raleigh.

It's too late because Alan Keyes didn't bother to tell the BOE and because the ballots have already been printed and distributed for early voting.

No frickin' conspriacy, just Alan Keyes.

Explain to me (if you will) where in the following statement is a conspiracy?

"It's either a stunt, a misrepresentation by the media, or for real.

I imagine it is too late to change the names on the ballots given the nature of our bureaucratic overlords in Raleigh."

methinks you just wanna pounce. It is too late to change the ballot, dope!