Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Moore and Perdue Update

Cross-posted from WNC Citizens Blog:

Tweedledum and Tweedledee continue their battle in the NC Gubernatorial primary race...with Richard Moore's campaign pointing out an endorsement that Beverly Perdue seems to be hiding. The National Rifle Association has endorsed Bev Perdue for North Carolina Governor. I would think that would anger more NRA members than it would gun-hating Democrats. That is one reason I have never joined the NRA...their consistent endorsements of Democrats in North Carolina. If they ever want a membership from me...they'll have to quit that behavior.

Harvey Gantt has also endorsed Beverly Perdue. In his endorsement he noted "She is a great progressive leader with the proven ability we need in our next Governor. She has helped North Carolina's working families both economically and socially, and I know Bev will be a great Governor." Which brings me back to the NRA endorsing Democrats...especially progressive ones...why?


The latest figures I have are:


  1. 45% Bev Perdue
  2. 36% Richard Moore
  3. 04% Dennis Nielson
Source: PPP Blog

I think that Bev Perdue has this race locked up. She has been using her West Virginia Coal Mine money to build an empire in North Carolina...and if she can defeat the GOP candidate in the fall, she just might have her empire.

Previously:

Moore and Perdue debate

0 comments :