Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, July 14, 2008

Time Lapse: The Southern Lights



Time-lapse footage of the Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights.
This is the Southern Hemisphere equivalent of the Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights.
Filmed during the Antarctic winter in the general vicinity of McMurdo Station and Scott Base, where the sun is below the horizon for 4 months of the year.
Most of the individual clips here were each taken over about a 10 minute period to give you an idea of how much they were moving in real time.

Source: Frostbytes

I have some local time lapse footage to put up, and while I was researching methods of converting my material into a video, I ran across this. One day, I'd like to see aurora in the sky first hand. That would be cool.

0 comments :