Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Irwin To Challenge Shuler?
Shuler To Challenge Burr?

According to Under the Dome, Former Henderson County Sheriff George Irwin is "seriously looking into" running against Congressman Shuler in 2010.

The source of the information is an unsigned editorial in the Hendersonville Times-News.

I got a kick out of speculation that Congressman Shuler may challenge US Senator Richard Burr for his seat in 2010. In particular this paragraph (emphasis mine):

But if the Burr seat is an attractive target for Democrats, it is no certainty that Shuler is the right choice to carry the fight. Shuler has no statewide campaign experience and is untested as a debater. And if the Burr seat really looks like a plausible pickup a year from now, other Democrats will be tempted, including Attorney General Roy Cooper, whose 2.5 million votes was more than anyone in the state on Nov. 4.


That reminds me that Senator Burr probably has nothing to worry about regarding a debate, because Congressman Shuler was for debating his opponents before he was against debating his opponents.

To drive the point home, here is a video or two that I am sure will get plenty of playtime the next time Congressman Shuler runs for office...whether he is defending his current seat...or is seeking a new one:



2 comments :

Interesting, wasn't Erwin the host/moderator for one of the primary debates? This could be good news. Now if we can just find someone to run against Kissell...

Chad:

I don't remember if he was...

He was at the ones I was at, representing Fred Smith...which goes a long way toward earning my favor.

I also talked with him at some length, and I can say nothing bad about him.

Why not send Robin Hayes in again?

The only reasons Kissell won was Obama coat tails and an energized lefty ground game.

With the energy I am seeing in the conservative grass roots...I think 2010 will be a year of gaining seats in both houses of Congress...and perhaps even in the General Assembly in North Carolina.

If you are the Chad from the Charlotte area I am thinking of...get in touch with me using my email address or youtube mail.

If not, just use the contact info on the left column, and I can plug you into the state network I am building to make sure the left isn't able to steal a march like that on us again!!!