Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Sunday, July 24, 2011

25th NC Mountain Regiment Civil War Reenactors


Here are a couple of the few photos I took of the Reenactors of the 25th NC Infantry at their camp in Frogtown, just south of downtown Franklin, NC on July 16, 2011 during the 8th Annual Franklin Folk Festival.


Visit their website to learn more about what they do.



Bookmark and Share

7 comments :

I would love to visit the 25th's website, but the link doesn't work. Can you please tell me what their current website address is? I can't seem to find it.

It looks like their website is down.

You can write to them at


25th North Carolina Infantry
500 Seibert Rd
Waynesville NC 28786

And you can explore the Internet Archive copy of their website at http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/25THNCTROOPS.ORG

Thanks so much for the address. Do you happen to know a telephone number or email address for the 25th?

I am an Appalachian State Public History grad student and my class is working on designing an exhibit for the Blowing Rock Art and History Museum on Commemorating the Civil War in Western NC. We are very interested in obtaining some of your photos of the 25th to display in our exhibit. Would you be willing to send me some of your photos for this purpose?

If you are willing to donate some of your photos for the exhibit, I would only need them in digital form. Brief descriptions of the photos would also be helpful. You can send the photos to me at reesemk@appstate.edu. If you can send photos for the exhibit, please know that we will acknowledge your contribution in the exhibit.

The only ones I have are the ones I posted to this blog, twitter, flicker and WNC Citizens Blog over the years at the annual Franklin. Folk Festival.
You can find them via Google search.