Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ron Paul Declines Re-election to US House






LAKE JACKSON — After serving almost 24 years in the U.S. House of Representatives, Congressman Ron Paul told The Facts this morning he will not be seeking another term for the District 14 seat.
Paul, 75, will instead focus on his quest for the presidency in 2012.
“I felt it was better that I concentrate on one election,” Paul said. “It’s about that time when I should change tactics.”
His announcement will give enough time for anyone with aspirations for his seat to think about running, he said. Paul didn’t want to wait for filing in the 2012 primary to let people know he wasn’t seeking reelection.
“I didn’t want to hold off until in December,” he said. “I thought it shouldn’t be any later than now.”
Paul has served 12 terms in Congress. District 14 encompasses a 10-county area along the Gulf Coast.

Source: The Facts

Commentary


This is the end of Ron Paul's service in public office. He will not win the GOP Primary. He should have done this in 2008. 
Bookmark and Share

2 comments :

Dr Paul is honestly the only person I would trust from the GOP right now. Santorum is a hypocrite, Newt is a hypocrite, and Romney flip flops all over the place.