I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More Problems With Frontier Communications DSL:
Unacceptably Slow Speeds Today

The never-ending saga of slow or interrupted Internet Service provided by Frontier Communications is continuing today. 

Today, my speed test results are: (courtesy SpeedTest)

Ping (closest and lowest ping) was 719 milliseconds (It usually ran 20-40 milliseconds w Verizon) 
Download Speed was 0.78 Mbps (It usually ran in the 3-4 Mbps range with Verizon)
Upload Speed was 0.54 Mbps (It usually ran in the 0.7 to 0.8 range with Verizon)

This is unacceptable. Every time I call Frontier, I get a different explanation, a line cut in Salisbury or Sylva, or a server down in a number of different locations.

Due to the technical failure of frontier, I will likely be unable to listen and report on the proceedings of the NC General Assembly today if they are unable to clear this up before 9am. I can't even play the video I recorded last night to confirm that it works properly. 

Previously: Dear Frontier Communications, Where Is My Internet?

Bookmark and Share