Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dear Frontier Communications:
Where is My Internet?



Thanks to the utter incompetence of Frontier Communications, I've been unable to post to this blog lately. Several of my friends on Facebook have posted notices that Frontier has left them high and dry as well, so I know the problem isn't with my line.


Allow me to vent...


Dear Frontier Communications:


How could you screw up the excellent DSL Internet Service that Verizon has so ably maintained so very badly??? Verizon hardly ever went down, and you chuckle heads seem to go down at least once a week for hours at a time.


Please post SOMETHING on your facebook page or website indicating what the problem is...


According to the coomunity at DSL Reports, you've been providing subpar service nationwide, not just in our area:


Six Month Rating
Pre Sales information:
Install Co-ordination:
Connection reliability:
Tech Support:
Services:
Value for money:


I am considering picketing your offices in order to raise awareness and give people a rallying place to express their dissatisfaction with the level of service your company has been providing. Up until a few weeks ago, my DSL Service has been good, with only intermittent outages that were annoying, but usually only lasted a few minutes at a time. 


Bottom line, get the problem fixed, or tell us what the problem is.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments :

One of the problems is a fiber line got cut somewhere and they still haven't achieved redundancy. Another one (straight from tech) is that our traffic is being routed through WEAVERVILLE. yes, I put that in all caps. another problem, at least in cullasaja, (again, straight from tech) is that the two dslams serving this area are full. yup, no open ports. hmmm wonder why the traffic jams....

support local crafters by checking out this awesome
<a href="http://awoodrailing.com>deck railing</a> for your rustic styled home.

Thanks!

I've heard that much of the problem comes from the work upgrading the system. I don't for a minute doubt that they bought the system as-is with the intent to make it better and while they are working the local crew long hard hours, they've not made the commitment to bring in more staff to get it right...now. That would require a commitment of resources that they haven't made. And the local technicians are taking a beating for this problem not of their making.

My concerns with Frontier came even before the slow and missing signal. I had a new long distance service added without my consent even though we have a block on it. When I tried to get through to them, I kept being given a Verizon number (on their website and by customer service) that, of course, didn't work. This was months after the transition, not days into it.

When I called for a DSL service call, the same thing happened. When I finally got an appointment scheduled and the day arrived, they left a phone message that my problem had been resolved and to call again if I had any further problems (read that "start over"). It was not resolved, but I didn't have the time or energy to deal with them.

Though the transition didn't happen overnight, their website was even further delayed in getting the information right. That's probably the easiest thing they could have done. It ain't rocket science...it's a website.

'nuf said, but thanks for letting me vent.

Bonnie

One of the problems is a fiber line got cut somewhere and they still haven't achieved redundancy. Another one (straight from tech) is that our traffic is being routed through WEAVERVILLE. yes, I put that in all caps. another problem, at least in cullasaja, (again, straight from tech) is that the two dslams serving this area are full. yup, no open ports. hmmm wonder why the traffic jams....


It's really a shame that this rural area in specific, and the USA in general, still suffer from connectivity problems. it's the same with cellular service. perhaps, government intervention might be needed just as was done with landline telephone. :)

I am highly dependent on my internet connection for all aspects of my work.

support local crafters by checking out this awesome
deck railing for your rustic styled home.

Hello,
My name is Stephanie Schifano and I work for Frontier Communications. Someone brought this blog to my attention and I would welcome the opportunity to try and help those that are having service issues. I can be reached via e-mail at stephanie.schifano@ftr.com or by calling 585-777-7083.
Thank you!
Stephanie