**9.23pm** The Commissioners have gone into a closed session and I have replaced the live player with a recorded video of most of the meeting.
AUGUST 9, 2011
- Recognition of Jane Kimsey as Department of Social Services Director of the Year
- Recognition of Judith Lau as the Juvenile Officer of the Year in North Carolina
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Public Hearing: 6:30 p.m. - Comprehensive Transportation Plan
6. Public Comment Period
7. Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
8. Reports/Presentations - Holly Springs Community Building Improvements - Hannah Gillespie
9. Old Business - Petition for Adjustment to Need Determinations (dialysis center)
10. New Business
- Exchange of Real Estate/Zachary Park in Highlands
- Change Order on Riverbend Road Water System Improvements
- Resolution Opposing Proposed Rate Increase by Duke Energy Carolinas
- Resolution Opposing Proposed Merger of Southwestern Community College
- Resolution/Lease Agreement with Whitley Products, Inc.
- Resolution/Lease Agreement with Forex Currency Trade Advisors, LLC
- Resolution regarding engineering services for emergency vehicle pre-empt
- Awarding of bid for scrap tire hauling and recycling
- Requests from the Macon County Schools Joint Liaison Committee
All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
13. Closed session (if necessary)