The Macon County Commissioners will be meeting tonight at 6pm. I have included the public agenda and have embedded the documents included with the press kit in the interest of transparency.
I will be posting a play by play of the meeting on Google Plus and will post the video at the top of this article tomorrow afternoon.
JULY 9, 2013
3. Moment of Silence
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Public Hearing(s) - 6:00 p.m.
- Proposed amendments to the subdivision ordinance
- Application for a proposed telecommunication tower
6. Public Comment Period
7. Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
- Highlands Middle School Courtyard - Stephanie Smathers and Rebecca Schilling
- Request from Macon County Schools regarding current expense
- Consideration of contract with Bunnell-Lammons Engineering for geological and hydrogeological investigative work on future landfill Cell III - Solid Waste Director Chris Stahl
- Richard Melvin's request for client's revenue stamp reimbursement - County Attorney
- Designation of voting delegate to NCACC Annual Conference
All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
- Minutes of the June 11, June 13 and June 17, 2013 meetings
- Budget Amendments - #1, #2 and #3
- Tax Releases
- Monthly ad valorem tax collection report
- Planning Board (one seat)
- Cemetery Board (five seats)
- Southwestern Community College Board of Trustees (one seat)