Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Buckley says President is not a True Conservative


While listening to The Drudge Report on my trusty XM Radio, I heard that William F. Buckley had said that President Bush is not a true Conservative.


I hastily went to Drudge, and found the story, excerpted below:




Buckley finds himself parting ways with President Bush, whom he praises as a decisive leader but admonishes for having strayed from true conservative principles in his foreign policy.

In particular, Buckley views the three-and-a-half-year Iraq War as a failure.

"If you had a European prime minister who experienced what we've experienced it would be expected that he would retire or resign," Buckley says.



Commentary


I have great respect for Mr. Buckley. I think we have a problem with semantics on this issue. Mr. Buckley and the President are both conservative, they are not the same kind of conservative. I believe Bush may be described as a Hamiltonian-type of conservative, surrounded by neo-cons. I do not use neo-con as a perjorative code name for a jewish cabal as others, I merely use it as a descrptive term. I am a different type of conservative, a Jacksonian. Mr. Buckley is suffering from the belief that his brand is the only legit kind of conservative.


I don't think Mr. Buckley has been exposed to exactly what kind of war we are fighting, of the necessity that we win this 4th World War. Iraq is but a battle, like Vietnam was just a battle in the 3rd World War. Buckley doesn't realize The Battle of Iraq is a mulifaceted battle with multiple objectives. Sure, things haven't gone exactly the way the generals planned, but I do believe he isn't conversant with all the good we've done over there. Google the term milblogs, Mudville Gazetter, Black Five, and read the blogs, follow the links, and your heart (if you are American) will swell with pride. Our military is a force for good, and those opposed a force for evil.


You might also wanna check out these essays. William F. Buckley should read them and realize his words have been used to aid he enemy, foreign and domestic. I would hate to think that his intellect was outsmarted by Thalia,a former World News Now anchor, and had his words twisted.



Comic Relief


MySpace is down!!!

0 comments :