Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, April 2, 2007

Argentina Senses Weakness, Renews Claim on Falklands

No, this is NOT an April's Fool Post. I already did one this year, thank you very much.
I just read about it on the BBC Website:

Argentina has renewed its claim over the Falkland Islands on the 25th anniversary of invading them - and losing a subsequent war with Britain.

"The Malvinas are Argentine, they always were, they always will be," said Argentine Vice-President Daniel Scioli, using the Spanish name for the islands.

Mr Scioli was speaking in the southern city of Ushuaia - one of a series of events marking the start of the war.

He urged the UK to resume talks on the sovereignty of the islands.


I was sitting in my truck this afternoon, and heard a story about this being the 25th Anniversary of The Falklands War on XM124 in Franklin. I think it was Winston Churchill III on Sean Hannity, and it was brought up in the discussion that the Royal Navy had been seriously down-sized since Tony Blair took office.
The first thought that came into my head was, "Oh No, I hope the Argetines don't decide to bite off a chunk right about now." The Argentinians would probably lose again, but who knows, they might just get lucky.

0 comments :