Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bacon--The New Hate Crime



According to the Clarksville Leaf Chronicle, two hours before the 1 p.m. Friday service, the Koran was found on the front steps of the Islamic Center. Someone had written “Mohammad pedophile” on the front, and an (unnamed) expletive was on the inside, smeared under two strips of bacon. Not only did the local police report it as a hate crime, but they said they would contact the FBI. Mosque representatives are meeting with the City Mayor Johnny Piper to see what he can do as well.

This is a clear example of how hate crime laws are being used to impose sharia law, in the guise of religious special accomodations, and in place of U.S. federal or state laws. I’m not a lawyer, so correct me if I’m wrong - that’s why we have a comments section - but under the current laws in Tennessee and the U.S., these are facts of the case:


910 Group Blog

Hat Tip: Christine

Commentary

If we start calling the above a hate crime...that means the state will be enforcing religious law. Sounds like a Theocratic Government by way of the back door. Be sure to click on the link above and read the whole thing to find out what's headed our way.

2 comments :

It sounds akin to leaving a burning cross in someone's yard, and that is considered a hate crime. Personally, I consider both cases to be just plain stupid.

I never understood hate crime laws in the first place. I don't steal something from someone because I love them. I certainly don't murder someone because I like them. Why is saying something like "faggot" when someone is beating the stuffing out of a gay person make it that different?

So now the law dictates who we must love also? This country has really started going towards something I really don't think I like very much.

Why then is anti-Jewish graffiti on synagogues not considered a hate crime?
Local police said such a case was "just kids fooling around," and did not investigate despite known Christian Identity, Church of the Creator, and other white supremacist groups being active in the area?

I can guarantee that if I left a bacon-added Qur'an on the front steps of a local motel run by muslims, it would be on CNN within 24 hours.

There is a double standard at work here.

I also agree that Hate Crime Laws are unnecessary laws, our criminal code already accounts for intent in both the prosecution and sentencing phases of criminal cases, as well as prior convictions in similar cases.