The Macon County EDV met on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 and heard a series of reports from the new EDC Director Tommy Jenkins. It sounds like he has hit the ground running and takes his position very seriously.
A reporter from The Franklin Press and myself were the only members of the media present at this meeting.
Here is the video I took of the meeting and associated meeting documents that were shared by the new EDC Director:
- Call to Order - Chairman Shatley
- Recognition of Guests - Chairman Shatley
- Approval of Minutes - Chairman Shatley
- Introduction and Remarks - Chairman Shatley/Tommy Jenkins
- INtroduction and Remarks - NC Department of Commerce Economic Developer (Bryson City Office) - Chairman Shatley/Jennifer Hogsed
- Introduction and Remarks - SCC Business and Industry Coordinator (Macon County) - Chairman Shatley/Tommy Dennison
- EDC Director Report - Tommy Jenkins
- 2012 EDC Meeting Schedule - Tommy Jenkins
- 2012 EDC Retreat - Tommy Jenkins
- Other Business
Here is the the onformational packet from the meeting:
Macon County EDC 11-15-2011 Press Packet
The next meeting will be in January, although there is an informational update on local Fiber Optic availability planned for December 1st at SCC that I am planning to attend.