Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Short Rant About Political Calls


The worst thing about election season is the phone calls that come from parties/organizations and/or candidates that reveal these organizations don't have a clue when it comes to political organizing for getting out the vote (aka GOTV). They seem to think that having a list of phone numbers and volunteers is the answer, much like the morons who paint the roads with yard signs.

If these people had done the tiniest amount of research in order to target their calls, they'd know that I am someone who votes at every opportunity and am someone who is active online (and offline) promoting conservative candidates. My name would be stricken from all but lists involved with reminding me to vote, and once I had indicated I had voted (or my name showed that I had voted this cycle), remove it from their call lists as well.

I am especially looking at the Republican National Committee and NC Victory 2012, who are the most egregious offenders of these shotgun calls that are a total waste of resources.

I'll save my rant about yard signs for another day.



0 comments :