**update** Here is the video of the meeting:
The Franklin Town Board of Aldermen will be meeting tonight at 7pm and I will be there to cover the event, but will be unable to provide live coverage because my laptop is still out of commission. I will upload the video as soon as I can after the meeting.
**NOTICE** There will be a NCAE (NC Association of Educators) forum tomorrow night at 7:00 pm in the auditorium of the Franklin High School Fine Arts Building for candidates in two local races. Particpants will be Bobby Kuppers and Paul Higdon in the county commissioner race and Tommy Baldwin and Melissa Bateman Evans in the school board race. I urge you to get out and attend this forum to hear first hand what the candidates have to say.
Here is a copy of the agenda and agenda packet for the meeting.
Monday October 1, 2012 - 7:00 p.m.
- Call to order -Mayor Collins
- Approval of the September 4 and September 25, 2012 meeting minutes
- New business
- Briefing on Whitmire property- Aldermen Farrell Jamison
- Re-appointment of Deb Heatherly to the Tourism Development Authority Board
- Discussion on speed limit policy for the Town- Sam Greenwood
- Advocacy items from North Carolina League of Municipalities- Sam Greenwood
- Draft of Drug and Alcohol policy- John Henning Jr
Franklin Aldermen Agenda Packet (10-01-2012)