Prior to the meeting, the county recognized long serving employees with pins and plaques. I previously posted the video and photos of that at this link.
JANUARY 8, 2013
will be presented beginning at 5:30 p.m.
3. Moment of Silence
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Public Hearing(s) - Installment Financing Contract for Improvements to Highlands School
NOTE: Consideration of the contract and other related matters will immediately follow the public hearing
6. Public Comment Period
7. Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
8. Reports Presentations
- School Resource Officers - Sheriff Robert Holland
- Update on Parker Meadows Recreation Project - Seth Adams and Mike Lovoy
- Macon County Public Health FY 12-13 Billing and Collection Policies and Fee Schedules - Jim Bruckner, Public Health Director
- QZAB Reimbursement Resolution
- Request from the Sky Valley/Scaly Mountain Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department for relief fund money - David Key
- Resolution approving terms of loan modification - Finance Director
All items below are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. No separate discussion will be held except on request of a member of the Board of Commissioners.
- Minutes of the December 11, 2012 meeting
- Budget Amendments # 87-91
- Tax releases
- Monthly Ad Valorem Tax Collection Report (no action necessary)
13. Closed session (if necessary)
Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- Essentials of County Government - January 9-10, Asheville, NC
- Mid-Year Update Meeting - Saturday, January 19 at 9 a.m. at the SCC Macon Campus Conference Room
- NCACC Legislative Goals Conference - January 24-25, Sheraton RTP in Durham County
And here are supporting documents for this meeting:
At 6 o'clock, the regular meeting will begin and a public hearing will be held regarding an Installment Financing Contract for Improvements to Highlands School.
Also, Commissioner Beale has asked Sheriff Robert Holland to address school safety issues as they relate to School Resource Officers (SROs). Other details of the meeting can be found on the abbreviated agenda above and the full forty page agenda below.
2012 Service Awards
01.08.13 BOC Agenda Packet for iPad Final