Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Back from Lightning Strike


Geez, this is the second time this summer I've been taken out by a lightning strike!


I was taking a nap until the fatal hit, some 100 yards or so away. I must have levitated three feet in the air!
It took Duke Power almost four hours to get to me, since I was the only house affected. Kudos to those guys.


I reserve the full force of my venom for the Verizon computer-auomated system. I did everything according to the voice menus from my cell phone, and awaited a repair sometime Monday. Along 5pm, I started getting antsy. I called again. My situation had a hold on it, so I walked it back through. (All the while trying to keep murerous thoughts at bay!) So the next day, a nice guy showed up, replaced a span between two poles, and I was back in business, save having to purchase another modem. Guess who will be unplugging the phoneline fromthe back of his computer from now on?


So, I've only got to hear the last hour of Heads Up America today.

2 comments :

I think maybe you are still shaken (Bavk?).
Now that you've complained about Verizon on your blog, your service will only get worse.
At least run the spell-checker before you post.
It's good to see you back up and running, I was beginning to think you were dead or in jail when you dropped out of all the on-line conversations. >=)

'preciate the spelling lesson and the warning about verizon. I said some very unkind things to the poor computer voice, perhaps contributing to my having to spend Monday without internet service!
I may go with a satellite provider for my 'net service due to my habit of having six windows open at the same time.....