Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Chris Matthews and Charlie Rangel are both Idiots


While making my rounds this morning, I found a link at Pajamas Media that led to a story at News Busters.


Update: Transcript available Monday afternoon.
Also, should this exchange get posted on the internet, lemme know!



Commentary


I suppose this all got started because President Bush has finally started to use a more descriptive identifier when referring to one of our enemies we are fighting in the 4th World War.



I will pick these statements apart one by one and expose Matthews and for what they are. First:



Matthews got things started by challenging Lungren: "would you include Hezbollah in that group [of Islamofascists]? Would you include Hamas, they are the enemies of Israel. Are they also enemies of ours? Are they also fascists because they have a dispute with Israel? Anybody who is against us is a fascist now."l


I suppose I could give Matthews a little credit for playing the part of the pot stirrer, making ridiculous statements just to get more ridiculous statements from other people, but I won't. I will play his little game.

  • Are Hezbollah and /or Hamas Islamofascists?
  • I will answer that with a definition from my Merriam webster's Collegiate Dictionary (10th edition) definition of Fascism: fascism is a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition. Gee, put Islamo on the front of that, and we have the coining of a new word!


    The above exchange may mean that Matthews may not know the definition of fascism beyond what is in pop culture, and certainly not with the Islamo- prefix added to fascism. As to the enemies of Israel being the enemies of the United States of America? Yes, and most emphatically so. I guess the only reference Chris Mathews has to fascism is the German brand? The Italians were fascist before the Germans were, if you check your history as Mussolini ruled Italy before Hitler went to prison. And as to calling your opponents fascists, I belief the nutjobs on the Left are most famous for calling their opponents fascists. Perhaps that is why they are so mad at President Bush; he has joined with the rest of us in taking back the language from demagogues in the democrat party.


  • Rangel suggested that Hitler was Christian fascist, and that calling someone Islamofascist is insulting to an entire religion.

  • Charlie Rangel may not be the only idiot, a majority of people in his district are either idiots or oblivious to who they are voting for every few years. Excuse me Charlie Rangel, Adolf Hitler was not a Christian. The closest he ever came to Christianity was a tenuous, at best, relationship with Catholicism. Lungren was correct in identifying Rangel's words as absolute nonsense, i.e. words or language having no meaning or conveying no intelligible ideas. Well, they at least conveyed the idea that Charlie Rangel is an idiot, and perhaps a demagogue, I haven't had the pleasure of hearing him speak at any length. I do, however, know an idiot when I hear one.


    And lastly, (Yay !!!)


  • Rangel wasn't finished: We got Christian killers, we got Jewish killers, and we never identify them by religion. What you're doing is demonizing."

  • How many times did McVeigh or Rudolph or Koresh or,,,well you get the picture. Jewish killers? Not off the top of my pointed head, save the guy who killed Rabin. What we do is hardly ever identify killers as Muslim. That is what you need to complain about, Charlie Rangel.



Okay, I'm glad I got that off my chest. I can rant on and on about stuff like this Rangel character spouts.

0 comments :