Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, August 28, 2006

Final Week of John Batchelor Show


I have just heard on The John Batchelor Show that this is his final week on ABC Radio Networks.



Should you care enough, shoot an email to customerservice@abc.com



The text of my missive:




I have listened to John Batchelor since before September the 11th on WABC, going to great lengths to hear him and Paul.

John Batchelor was the reason I purchased an XM Radio, so that I could hear him loud and clear. His Radio Show is entertaining and VERY informative.

I feel this is a bad decision, and will not be listening to his replacement.

Bobby Coggins



Why do the Good Shows, And Hosts, keep getting cancelled?



Update 12.52am (waaay past my bedtime!!)


've been listening to John Batchelor, and crusing the net and leaving comments on other blogs who've commented on the sad news. Even the Wikipedia article has been updated. Talk about speed! Wait, here comes Kate.

10 comments :

Glad to know I'm not the only one out there upset about this. Thanks for posting that email link. I sent off my letter of displeasure just a moment ago.

As to why all the good shots and hosts keep getting cancelled? Well, in this case, I can only conclude that either insane monkeys are running WABC, or their audience doesn't deserve John (if ratings were the cause of this).

The ratings were WABC, not XM, and I honestly don't know how they'd gauge that audience....
Good to meet ya.

I blame you for getting me hooked, Bob.
They've got GPS Trackers in those radios, I keep mine wrapped in tinfoil to stop the signal from getting out.

You remember how I would record the show because i would have to get up at 4.30? I just erased a whole Gig of them off my Flash Player Sunday afternoon. Doh!
At least I'll have part of last night and the rest of the week...
t pisses me off that the big bloggers haven't uttered a peep, especially those he linked to...
that's gratitude for ya.
You gotta be pulling my leg about the tinfoil...my XM Radio gets so hot, I've taken to putting it on a floor vent.

Good to meet you as well.

I can't believe the lack of reaction in the blogosphere either. Rumor has it Batchelor is going to give some info tonight as to why he's leaving WABC. We'll see....

I found this on Pundita tonight. Also, I seem to remember that XM was supposed to launch a whole slate of talk channels in July. The only bad thing is they were Clear Channel owned. I've seen too much sleaze from them on yanking hosts to trust them on any level.

BTW, my logs show about ten hits from searches on john batchelor, from diff OS and browsers, so a handful are looking for info.

What else could we expect from the network that broadcasts 4 hours of 'Coast to Coast' every night.
I will be watching this site and others to find out where JB goes. Does anyone have a good guess at where or when he will come back? Why can't he just remain on XM? I would be happy buy a subscription.

Jbarone@infoave.net

His XM appearance was courtesy of the ABC Radio Networks...the ones who canned him.

These are the only audio archives of the John Batchelor show I can find.

http://www.carlist.com/wabc_radio/

we've been listening to John BATCHELOR SINCE 9/11. We've gotten and read books whose authors he interviewed. altogether an intelligent host with a wonderful program. greatly missed!