**11.10pm** Here is the audio of the marathon meeting we had tonight of the Macon County Commissioners. This audio is 3 hours, 19 minutes and 45 seconds long.
The video will take a bit longer, and I will be splitting it into two parts.
The Macon County Commissioners will be meeting at 6pm tonight in the Commissioners Boardroom on the 3rd floor of the Macon County Courthouse. I will be there, recording video of the meeting and tweeting the proceedings. You may follow along on your favorite twitter client using the hashtag #MaconGov or on the twitter widget below the meeting agenda. If you wish to communicate with me during the meeting, please send them to my @WPIG account.
I will upload the audio of the meeting tonight and (if the meeting doesn't turn into a 3 hour marathon) video of the entire meeting on this blog entry by 6pm tomorrow.
- Call to order and welcome by Chairman McClellan
- Announcements – Recognition of Finance Department for Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Public Hearing(s) – North Carolina Department of Transportation Secondary Roads Construction Program
- Public Comment Period
- Adjustments to and approval of the agenda
- Proposed dog park along the Little Tennessee River Greenway – Steve Philo/Friends of the Greenway
- Proclamation for Breast Cancer Awareness Month – Bonnie Peggs/Angel Medical Center
- Mental Illness Awareness Week – Debbie Roberts/National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Old Business
- Discussion regarding construction standards
- Discussion regarding revaluation schedule
- New Business
- Resolution of adoption of multi-jurisdictional hazard mitigation plan update– David Key
- Appointment of Firemen’s Relief Fund board members – David Key
- Resolution regarding approval of purchase of property by Smoky Mountain Center
- Proposal from Martin-Starnes regarding audit services – Evelyn Southard
- Consideration of lease agreement for proposed NC Highway Patrol telecommunications facility on Addington Bridge Road
- Consent Agenda – Attachment #11
- Budget revisions
- Tax releases
- Revised fee for laboratory test at Health Center
- Highlands Tourism Development Commission (2)
- Discussion regarding term limits for appointed advisory boards
- Closed session
- Per G.S. 143-318.11(3), to preserve the attorney/client privilege
- Per G.S. 143-381.11(6), with regard to personnel matters
Twitter Coverage: Tweets are in reverse chronological order
(widget will be replaced with tweets sent during the meeting as soon as I am able)