Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Celebrating Nikwasi 2008

I hope I witnessed the beginning of an annual event in Franklin this past Saturday.

The designation of the Nikwasi mound as a Cherokee Heritage Trail is an important step toward preserving this important historical site for future generations of Maconians, Cherokee, and passerby to enjoy and ponder the past.

I took a great many photos, some of which can be found in this previous post where I embedded a Slide Show, and an excellent adjunct can be found at Ruminations From the Distant Hills.

Here is the promised video of my witness of the events on Saturday. I missed the Story Tellers and most of the Gospel Singing because I was in line waiting on food...maybe I can catch them next year.



The video took over 2 hours to mixdown on my machine, and it has been processing at blip.tv for over an hour. Click the link above to view it on the show page. I'll edit this post to include the embed once it has finished transcoding to .flv format.

The video is just under an hour and 38 minutes.

0 comments :