Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, May 23, 2008

Just How Stupid is John McCain?
Updated With More Stupidity

(CNN) — In the face of mounting controversy over headline-grabbing statements from Pastor John Hagee, CNN has learned presumptive Republican nominee John McCain has decided to reject his endorsement.

The Huffington Post had published a recording of Hagee saying that Adolf Hitler had been fulfilling God’s will by hastening the desire of Jews to return to Israel in accordance with biblical prophecy.

“Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee’s endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well,” McCain said in a statement to CNN Thursday.

He added that his relationship with Hagee did not compare with Obama’s lengthy association with Rev. Jeremiah Wright. “I have said I do not believe Senator Obama shares Reverend Wright’s extreme views. But let me also be clear, Reverend Hagee was not and is not my pastor or spiritual advisor, and I did not attend his church for twenty years. I have denounced statements he made immediately upon learning of them, as I do again today,” said McCain.

The Arizona senator had earlier renounced comments from Hagee that termed the Catholic church “the great whore” and “an apostate church.”




Source: Sister Toldjah

Commentary

Senator John McCain appears to be stupid beyond belief with this step of accommodating (or appeasing) his Democrat opponents. McCain is feeding Hagee to the Democrat Crocodile, hoping that it's hunger will be satisfied, and he won't, in turn, be eaten. Am I seeing the signs of a political coward? This is especially troubling for me since he has displayed courage against the first cousins of the Democrats, the North Vietnamese and Cuban Interrogators in the Hanoi Hilton.

I have been working on an endorsement of John McCain. This repudiation of Pastor Hagee forces me to abandon my contemplated endorsement of McCain for President. I cannot recall Pastor Hagee saying anything that is out of line with what I believe, and plenty McCain has said that I vehemently disagree with, so I stand with my brother in Christ, Pastor John Hagee.

I may find myself actually voting for Barr Barr as a protest vote in the General Election, an act I view akin to political suicide.

Note to Senator John McCain: Acts like these certainly isn't what I call courting my vote, nor is it likely to garner my assistance in getting others to vote for you. You are inviting me to actively campaign against you.

Just how stupid is John McCain?


**update** 8.25am John McCain has rejected Pastor Rod Parsley as well, according to this AP Article in the Asheville Citizen-Times:

McCain rejected the months-old endorsement of Texas preacher John Hagee after an audio recording surfaced in which the preacher said God sent Adolf Hitler to help Jews reach the promised land. McCain called the comment "crazy and unacceptable."

He later repudiated the support of Rod Parsley, an Ohio preacher who has sharply criticized Islam and called the religion inherently violent.

McCain issued a statement Thursday afternoon announcing his decision about Hagee.

"Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well," he said.

Later, in Stockton, he told reporters: "I just think that the statement is crazy and unacceptable."

Then in an interview with The Associated Press, McCain said he rejected Parsley's support, too.

"I believe there is no place for that kind of dialogue in America, and I believe that even though he endorsed me, and I didn't endorse him, the fact is that I repudiate such talk, and I reject his endorsement," McCain told the AP.

Pastor Rod Parsley is my Christian brother as well. This election is shaping up to be the first Godless Election in a while...at least since 1992 to my recollection. I do remember hearing a prophecy a couple of years back that I discounted that held this election would see a non-Christian elected as President, but that person would become saved during the course of their Presidency. Perhaps I should not have dismissed it so quickly out of hand. We shall see...

0 comments :