Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Primary Day Slide Show

I visited a few precincts in Jackson County today, and had a good time visiting with people, speaking with the poll workers, and was impressed with the enthusiasm of the Ron Paul sign wavers at the Cullowhee voting precinct. I spoke with Obama sign wavers, and even a couple of Hillary Supporters. No one was actively campaigning for McCain that I saw in my very unscientific visual poll.

Poll workers reported turnout was either even with past Presidential Primaries, or ahead...sometimes as much as 50% greater (or in the ball park), with most of the increase coming from early voting.

Here is a brief slide show of some of the images I took, and I may have video collection of people I gave a chance to campaign on video for their candidate sometime tomorrow:


2 comments :

O/T, but I thought you'd like to know:

"A Tuscaloosa judge has acquitted four people charged by campus police with disorderly conduct for a Feb. 29 anti-war demonstration at the University of Alabama.

In a statement, attorney Allison Neal of the American Civil Liberties Union of Alabama said District Court Judge Joel Chandler acquitted the four on Friday.

The two-minute demonstration was arranged by the Tuscaloosa chapter of Students for a Democratic Society and was meant to advertise a planned talk by Jason Hurd of the Asheville, N.C. chapter of Iraq Veterans Against the War."

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8269191

I saw that on my RSS Feeds...too bad.

Well, here's hoping he tries his guerrilla theater near someone with a Concealed Carry Permit.