Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, June 9, 2008

Bigger than a Catamount? No, It's a Hoax

It must be something in the air that brings the spring panther hoax to western North Carolina.

There is nothing I love more than doing away with hoaxes like this, and purported UFO sightings, chemtrails, 9/11 conspiracy theories, Bigfoot sightings, and of course, my favorite...ghosts. I have found no evidence to support any of the above.



This is from my inbox:





= = = =
Look at what James Snipe hit with his car on US-64
west of Cashiers in Jackson County .
The panther was still alive but unable to move,
so our neighbor called animal control and they came
and put him down. A land owner had seen this one a
week before dragging off a 320 lb steer.

Our neighbor is an amateur taxidermist and he's
going to stuff him. This one weighed 260 lbs.
while most mature male panthers weigh 80 to 150 lbs.
We had no idea they still roamed around here!
= = = = =




Here are the two photos that were attached:




And here was my answer:


It's a hoax story.

Snopes.

More details on this discussion board.

0 comments :