Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hypocrisy and Lefty Bloggers

I get a kick out out lefty bloggers, especially the Marxists who would put the government in control of every aspect of our lives until every drop of liberty was squeezed out.

An example:


- I saw three people roll up to a wedding this weekend in their H2. They drove it from Atlanta. I’m not sure if it occurred to them that they were consuming irresponsibly.

Source: Scrutiny Hooligans

Like most lefties, it never occurs to them that liberty involves the freedom to act irresponsibly...except that these people did not act responsibly, and had less of an effect on the environment than most people who cannot afford a Hummer.


That is how the Free Market works, people drive what they can afford. My old chevy 1987 pickup gets 6 miles to the gallon and has no emission control devices. It cost me $200. That should get more of his self-righteous ire than the H2's (which get better fuel mileage than any of my vehicles), and there are probably ten thousand pickups like mine to every H2 out there on the road.

And my 1997 Ford diesel pickup gets only 12 mpg (it drops down to 7-8 when I haul trailers around loaded with equipment), and it is not subject to passing emission tests like my other truck. Models like that are also more numerous than the H2.

The H2 represents class envy for those on the left. At least the H2 can carry 6 people, my Chvy only carries 2, and my diesel only carries 4 max. Plus, the H2 is far more environmentally friendly in its emission control than most of the older vehicles on the road.

The lefty goes on to complain about the spelling of people on the forums of the regional paper, which leads me to ask, "What is it with lefties and spelling?" Why are they such spelling and grammar Nazis? Do they not realize that what they are complaining about is a direct result of their much-loved public education system? A system that is increasingly teaching children more about multiculturalism than about spelling. A system that is teaching a system of false tolerance for any belief except Christianity and conservatism?

Don't you think it odd that a parent with an 8th grade education can homeschool their children to outspell 99% of children taught in the public education system, and for less money per pupil?

I could go on and on, but will restrict myself to one more topic, and I have saved the best for last.

Yesterday, that blogger came over here and berated me in the comments about convicting Obama with "guilt by association" posts. (His blog is woven with that thread through and through).

I didn't have to wait long for him to post another...less than 24 hours later, he goes and does what he was irate about me doing. Hypocrisy, where is thy sting? The dichotomy is delicious, and shows a level of intellectual dishonesty that would make for a comedic character study if presented on stage, film, or even in a weekly sitcom.

The dichotomy comes from him calling it wrong for me to point out the Foul Deeds committed by the many Associates of Barack Obama, but fairplay when it comes to pointing out the Foul Deeds of those associated with Bush, Cheney, or anyone else he chooses. I believe that there is much to be learned from one's associates, whether it work out to suit my ideological beliefs or not.

This Campaign Season will be very fun from the standpoint of watching all the lefty chickens coming home to roost.

I predict that Emperor Obama will have no clothes at the end of this election, and it is my hope that the takedown of Obama will cause irreparable harm to progressivism in this Republic.

3 comments :

I may be treading on the sort of blasphemy that will get me banned over there like you, and others from Asheville-Politics.

Know that you, and anyone else, are always welcome here. Just don't cuss.

Gordon is likely a product of a failed public education system himself. For example, this quote is very choppy, “I saw three people roll up to a wedding this weekend in their H2. They drove it from Atlanta. I’m not sure if it occurred to them that they were consuming irresponsibly.” In my opinion this quote would flow much better if written:

“I saw three people roll up in an H2 that they drove from Atlanta to a wedding this weekend. I doubt it occurred to them that they were consuming irresponsibly.”

How about this,

“This weekend I saw three people roll up in an H2, which they drove from Atlanta to a wedding. I doubt it occurred to them that they were consuming irresponsibly.”

Another with a semicolon,

“I saw three people roll up in an H2 that they drove from Atlanta to a wedding this weekend; I doubt it occurred to them that they were consuming irresponsibly.”

Of course the semicolon means nothing, but so does Gordon’s sentence. People do not “consume irresponsibility.”