Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Left Wants A "Comforter-in-Chief"

Cue the sad violin music:

Can someone call the White House and see if the president is interested in coming to Iowa, Illinois or Missouri and comforting Americans in need?
The above quote is from Where Is The Outrage, the blog of a local lefty and radio host. He, and his fellow travelers are whining for a Nanny State, where the President would be the person to tuck us in at night, and wipe the tears from our eyes when he skin our knees.

Give me a break! If the President did show up...they'd complain about the cost of the trip and the disruption of the rescue and relief efforts (which would be true). He'll show up later, when the critical phase of the rescue and relief efforts are well underway.

**update** 12.51pm

I just got a news alert that Bush is touring the area as I type this. Okay...will the angry, hurting lefty note this with an apology? I didn't think so either.

5 comments :

An Apology? Get real. Bush is a week late. Americans just want their president to give 2 shakes of a damn and say so. He didn't even mention the disaster until Tuesday.

Nope. I don't think that Americans want a president to place a band-aid on their toe every time we stub it but when several communities are flooded. We want to know that the Commander is really in command. Bush gave us no indication and that's a problem.

Just for your information, as soon as I can find some video on his visit to the Midwest, I'll post it but I haven't found any yet.

I watched it on several video feeds on my media dashboard. I'm sure it will be covered.

He still showed up too soon, and should have let things calm down a little.

Being a commander in the modern world doesn't mean grabbing a spear, and waving it in front of the troops before leading them into battle. The modern commander is much more effective in his headquarters, coordinating action.

Oh, and thanks for commenting!

I was beginning to think you were as arrogant as Matt Mittan.

TP - Remember Katrina? When Bush and McCain were yukking it up on the tarmac celebrating a birthday with cake while Americans were dying in New Orleans.

We do.

Bush is a lousy leader, and his McCain is no better.

I'm left wondering if George W. Bush is the only person you like at all. You can't stand anyone on the left side of the political spectrum, can't stand brown people, can't stand Muslims, can't stand RINOs.

I guess it's just white, Christian, xenophobic Bush supporters you're fond of.

That's gotta be lonesome.

President Bush is a GREAT LEADER in the area of fighting World War IV. His actions have resulted in keeping the homeland safe from major terrorist attacks ever since 9/11/2001. Nearly seven years. No one, including me, thought that was possible after 9/11.

Only your hatred of this great man prevents you from acknowledging this great feat.
I disagree with him on many of his policies like amnesty for Illegals, spending, etc.
You mistake my hatred of the ideologies of the political left for hatred of the person.
Like Christ, I hate the sin, but love the sinner. The ideologies of the left are hateful and destructive to freedom and liberty, and as such...I will fight them to my dying breath.

Your ad hominem attacks are amusing. Your bankrupt philosophies cannot compete with conservatism...so your only option is to attack the messenger in an attempt to discredit me. I understand that, and most of my readers do.

Unable to counter the legal deal of Parkside...you and your brethren attack the character and dignity of anyone associated with Coleman. I've seen it all before.

Demonizing, and lessing the perceived humanity of the opposition is the only way the left can fool enough people to join in your efforts to kill America the Beautiful, America the Light of the World.

There is still time for you to come over to the side of Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

You can start your journey to enlightenment by reading the Ten Principles of Conservatism, written by the mental giant, Russell Kirk.

That philosophy is far superior to your Communist Manifesto.