Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Sunday, June 8, 2008

ISS and STS-124 Flyover Exposure

Here is one of the exposures I took of the International Space Station and the space shuttle Discovery as they orbited over my house this evening.

The ISS keeps getting brighter and brighter as more modules keep getting added to the station. I was hoping I would catch a flare off one of the solar panels, but alas, not tonight. I hope to have more of these in the future, and possibly even snippets of video.

ISS 2008 0608

The squiggly line at the beginning was me taking a step back from the tripod, and the camera captured the ground vibration.

Tomorrow night, the station will pass in front of Mars, Saturn, and the Moon. I hope to be able to capture that if it is not cloudy.

0 comments :