Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Asheville Citizen Times Is Insane,
Lays Off Top Web People

According to Ashvegas, the latest round of layoffs at the Asheville Citizen-Times have claimed online gurus Doug Mayer and John Yenne.

Commentary

I think I can safely say without fear of being (successfully) sued that the Asheville Citizen-Times is insane and has not the first clue about the potential for the online news market. Not a freaking clue.
If I had the money...I would hire these two in a heartbeat and establish them in an online news website.

I am also glad that the AC-T doesn't get it, for that will leave the bloggers and the (I hate to say it) Mountain Xpress as content kings (or queens) for online information in our area.

John Yenne created the AshVid Network.

1 comments :

While I hate to hear of people losing their jobs, the demise of that national brand of newspaper is, as far as I'm concerned, eagerly anticipated. It couldn't happen to a more deserving "BIASED" newspaper. And certainly an arm, and mouth piece for the Marxist Democrat Party.