Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To Waterrock Knob on the Blue Ridge Parkway






This is the view looking southeast from the parking lot.


I took yesterday off from the world of politics, and went on a short day trip from Franklin to a spot on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Jackson County. It is only about 36 miles from my home by road (20 miles by air) but, like many locals, I've never been. I've never even driven on the Parkway.

Below is a video I shot of the drive from Highway 23/74 to the Waterrock Knob Overlook parking lot. Actual drive time was about 12 or 15 minutes, and I sped it up a bit to make it fit in a 10 minute video.







I took tons of photos and videos and will be working my way through them today and tomorrow, including a time lapse at the top of Waterrock Knob.

0 comments :