Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Sunday, August 22, 2010

VJ Day in Honolulu Hawaii
August 14, 1945

Screen Capture from VJ Day in Honolulu




VJ Day, Honolulu Hawaii, August 14, 1945 from Richard Sullivan on Vimeo.



I am glad that there were people shooting footage of the events around them in 1945, especially in color. 




From the producer of the film:


65 Years Ago my Dad shot this film along Kalakaua Ave. in Waikiki capturing spontaneous celebrations that broke out upon first hearing news of the Japanese surrender. Kodachrome 16mm film: God Bless Kodachrome, right? I was able to find an outfit (mymovietransfer.com) to do a much superior scan of this footage to what I had previously posted, so I re-did this film and replaced the older version There are more still images from this amazing day, in color, at discoveringhawaii.com


Hat Tip: John Batson via email.


Bookmark and Share



0 comments :