Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Visit to Dry Falls









I visited Dry Falls yesterday afternoon to check out the waterfall and see what it looked like after a quick couple of inches of rain had fallen.


The waterfall looked completely different than when I had last visited in July of 2009. A couple of videos from that visit is below for your comparison:












I took a number of photos and here are a few of them, roll your mouse over the photos for a description:




Dry Falls as seen from the observation deck 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

A view of Dry Falls with my video camera in the foreground 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

A look back up the path to Dry Falls 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

One of the rock outcroppings on the path down to Dry Falls 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

I couldn't resist filling the frame with the water fall near the top 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

This is the view looking down the river from Dry Falls 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

More frame-filling waterfall goodness! 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

This is a shot of Dry Falls from inside the cave 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

This is the view of Dry Falls from the other side, once you pass beneath the water fall 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

This man climbed over the fence in an effort to get a better shot of the waterfall, putting his life at risk 
Photo by Bobby Coggins

I have to admit that I was rather pleased when he dropped his camera and it bounced into the water. Maybe he will learn from that experience not to leave the beaten path 
Photo and Commentary by Bobby Coggins



I enjoyed this little excursion to the southern end of Macon County, and would like to visit the falls in the winter time to get a look at the icicles...but I very seriously doubt that I'll ever brave Highway 28 in that kind of weather. I'll leave that task to other, braver, people. ʘ‿ʘ




Bookmark and Share

0 comments :