Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, May 6, 2006

Bush Realizes it's a World War

Better late than never.






US President George W. Bush said the September 11 revolt of passengers against their hijackers on board Flight 93 had struck the first blow of "World War III."

In an interview with the financial news network CNBC, Bush said he had yet to see the recently released film of the uprising, a dramatic portrayal of events on the United Airlines plane before it crashed in a Pennsylvania field.



But he said he agreed with the description of David Beamer, whose son Todd died in the crash, who in a Wall Street Journal commentary last month called it "our first successful counter-attack in our homeland in this new global war -- World War III".







I got the story here via The Drudge Report. It's been on there a while, so it might be gone by Monday.

Commentary


I am really starting to worry about Bush 43. If he is going to call it a world war, why doesn't he call it by it's real name?

We all know that WW I was fought from 1914 to 1918, with our participation only in 1917 and 1918.



WW II was fought from 1931 to 1945, with our participation (courtesy of Japan) being from 1941 to 1945. FYI: Japan invaded Manchuria in 1931.



WW III was fought from 1947 to 1989. It began with the Soviet closure of Berlin and the Allied airlift to save the city. Korea, Indochina, Vietnam, The Arab-Israeli Wars, Cuba, Nicaragua, The Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, Panama; all were some of the battles fought in a war spanning a couple of generations.



WW IV began sometime in the late 20th century, most place it with the Iranian revolution of 1978. I don't know. I think we are too close in time to be able to pin point it. We finally accepted the invitation to get involved in 2001.



When will it end? I don't know. I am afraid that we may wait for another invitation before sinking our teeth into the problem posed by Islam. I am not politically correct. I assert that Islam is the problem. A problem that grows larger every day we ignore it, appease it, or antagonize it with girlie slaps.



There are vastly greater minds than mine who are grappling with these problems every day in the blogosphere.

Here are just a few places to get you started in understanding the nature of the problem:


  • Jihad Watch

  • This is one of the best places to start understanding Islam, and it has an excellent commenting community, and links that will take weeks to explore. I dare you to read the posts of Robert Spencer and Hugh FitzGerald, follow the links on the sidebar; then tell me Islam is not a problem. Fools need not apply.


  • Winds of Change

  • I don't always agree with the people at WoC, some are RINOs and a couple or so are Liberals. Ignore their analysis at your own peril. My favorites are the Winds of War briefings and anything by Joe Katzman, Donald Sensing, and The Armed Liberal. All the rest are worth reading. And, of course, the links.


  • The Gates of Vienna

  • This is an excellent place to find another view of the war, and its participants. Guest Bloggers appear from time to time for some extra spice. The commenters and links are well worth clicking on.


  • The USS Clueless Archives

  • This guy was the best of the essayists, and has retired from current event blogging. Reading his material ought to count for college credit.


  • Eject Eject Eject !!!

  • I own this guy's book, and you should, too. He is semi-retired. His essays are among the best I've read.


  • Global Guerrillas

  • I hope our enemies aren't reading John Robb. Some of them know what he knows, and that scares me. That is the nature of open source warfare and distributed networks.



    And to put a plug in for myself, follow my links, to which I am always adding more stuff, and click on my bookmarks thingie near the top of my sidebar, I've got 300 or so of stuff I've found and use when I'm working from public terminals, which is often.
    I hope to get my act together in the next month or so, when I finally move out of the boarding house and into my own place!!! I'm spending the weekends fixing things up surfing the 'net, and should be able to blog at times other than between 3am and 6am, which cuts into my sleep cycle something fierce.

0 comments :