Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The President has a bandaid


Sorry, Mr. President. You don't put a Bandaid on a gaping hole.


I hope you are making babysteps in preparation of bigger and better things, because I believe we are at the point where militarization of the border is required should we wish to continue as a great nation. H.R. 4437 should be the place to start.


If you really want to fix the problem, you should invade Mexico, and help them establish a real Constitution with safeguards against rampant corruption throughout the Mexican government from top to bottom. This would be very costly, but easier than Iraq, and create a nation that Mexicans could earn an honest living inside, rather than leaving it for a better place.


I've work with many Illegals, and they tell me they have to come here to work so they can send money back home to feed their extended families, or they would go hungry. Our government treats them better than their government does, even though they are not here legally. They come here because the U.S.A. is a better country that Mexico, in all respects.


Here is what other people are saying about the President's Address:


Mr. Rogers Gives Speech From The Oval Office.
Maggie's Farm notes that President Bush wants to be the first Hispanic President. I wish I'd thought of that.
Here is the Text and Audio of the speech.
Belmont Club.

2 comments :

Hasn't that bill been effectively tabled? I thought they sent it back twice to the Judiciary, where it currently molders...or do they have real plans for it?

The Senate won't pass it, short of millions of us peasants in the streets, and I heard on the radio yesterday the Senate voted against border enforcement 55-40. I will try to research it, but currently I only have an nour or so on the computer before work.
All I can suggest is that we continue to call our Congressional Representative and our two Senators at least once a week, and before critical votes. They figure that for everyone that calls, there are a thousand or so who feel the same and don't call. that is why the left has been so successful in getting their agenda passed... they are far more active than we... Check out one hub of local leftists at Scrutiny Hooligans. These guys and gals are involved and care about what they believe.